To provide guidance relating to temporary housing for faculty and staff, including those who may need time to explore the local housing market before securing permanent housing arrangements.
The Department of Residence provides housing primarily for students. If space remains available, housing may be provided on a limited basis to faculty/staff under the following conditions:
- Rental rates for faculty and staff will be at a 10% higher rate per month than student rates.
- The number of faculty and staff assigned will be limited to no more than 10% of the available space. Faculty/staff will be assigned only after offering available space to eligible students.
- Generally, the maximum period of faculty/staff occupancy will be one year.
- Faculty and staff will be responsible to abide by the terms and conditions of the current University Housing Contract and Student Conduct Code.
- Service animals and emotional support animals will be permitted in university housing. Those keeping service/support animals in university housing must abide by Policy 8.09 Animals on University Owned or Controlled Property. All other pets are prohibited.
As required by university bond covenants, the Department of Residence must charge for all housing and dining services provided. Charges may be paid directly by faculty/staff, via faculty/staff payroll deduct, or by the hiring/sponsoring department via university journal entry. Faculty/staff employment offer letters should include the provision of housing when paid by the university and that this may be a taxable benefit to the employee.
Department of Residence, approved March 21, 2017
President’s Cabinet, approved April 10, 2017
President and Executive Management Team, approved April 24, 2017