To provide guidance relating to temporary housing for faculty and staff, including those who may need time to explore the local housing market before securing permanent housing arrangements.
The Housing & Dining Department provides housing primarily for students. If space remains available, housing may be provided on a limited basis to faculty/staff under the following conditions:
- Rental rates for faculty and staff will be at a 10% higher rate per month than student rates.
- The number of faculty and staff assigned will be limited to no more than 10% of the available space. Faculty/staff will be assigned only after offering available space to eligible students.
- Generally, the maximum period of faculty/staff occupancy will be one year.
- Faculty and staff will be responsible to abide by the terms and conditions of the current University Housing Contract and Student Conduct Code.
- Service animals and emotional support animals will be permitted in university housing. Those keeping service/support animals in university housing must abide by Policy 8.09 Animals on University Owned or Controlled Property. All other pets are prohibited.
As required by university bond covenants, the Housing & Dining Department must charge for all housing and dining services provided. Charges may be paid directly by faculty/staff, via faculty/staff payroll deduct, or by the hiring/sponsoring department via university journal entry. Faculty/staff employment offer letters should include the provision of housing when paid by the university and that this may be a taxable benefit to the employee.
University Housing & Dining, approved March 21, 2017
President’s Cabinet, approved April 10, 2017
President and Executive Management Team, approved April 24, 2017